We don’t feed them the food they need – a healthy, balanced diet. I’m not talking about restrictive eating – I’m talking about consuming a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, calcium rich dairy products, nuts, beans, legumes, lean meats, and more.
We decide that physical activity isn’t a priority. Your heart, lungs, muscles – they need exercise! No matter how busy your schedule is, there are always times in the day that you can fit in a bit of exercise. Whether it’s a 15 minute walk after dinner or waking up early to go for a run, make being active part of your life.
We criticize every part of our body. “My stomach is too big.” “Look at these love handles.” “I’m scrawny.” Your body does so much for you everyday – let’s appreciate it! Become more comfortable with your body. If you need to lose weight to improve your health, do it by making sustainable lifestyle changes – not by trying fad diets or starving yourself.
Wondering just how much your body does for you each day? Consider the following. Every 24 hours….
- Your heart beats about 100,000 times
- Your blood travels 168,000,000 miles
- You take approximately 20,000 breaths
- You inhale more than 2600 gallons of air through the lungs
- You eat 3.5 pounds (lb) of food
- You speak 48,000 words
- You move 750 major muscles
- You exercise 7,000,000 brain cells with each thought
Body facts from: Green, M. The human body—an incredible machine.