- Helps to build muscles in the body
- Facilitates deep breathing and a greater awareness of your breathing
- Helps reduce stress, anxiety and depression
- Improves flexibility
- Reduces risk of chronic diseases
- May help with weight loss from 2 angles - you burn some calories during the class, and yoga can also create an increased sense of mindfulness about your body and the way it feels. Some people report that this mindfulness can transfer over to eating habits as well, with a better sense of recognizing feelings like hungry vs. satisfied
You can visit the Yoga Month website to sign up for a free weeklong pass to any of the over 2,000 participating yoga studios. I checked out my area and found quite a few studios here – I decided to select the Breathe Joy studio in Sharon for my free week pass. I can’t wait to head over there and check it out this week!
I’ve been talking about this f to everyone I know since I found out, although usually their reaction is pretty mellow. Apparently, people don’t get quite as excited about freebies as I do, haha. But I had to share with all you blog followers, because I know some of you will be pumped about it like me!
Who else is going to do some yoga this month? Share in the comments!