For 155 pound person, you’d have to do the following to burn off that box of chocolates:
- 2 hours and 30 minutes on the elliptical at a fast pace
- 5 hours and 30 minutes of walking at 3.5 mph
- 3 hours and 40 minutes of swimming
- 2 hours and 45 minutes running at 5 mph
- Don’t eat chocolates on an empty stomach – you’ll be much more likely to overindulge. It takes about 20 minutes for your body to realize that you’re full, so if you keep popping those bite size chocolates until you’re feeling “full” – you’ll likely finish off the whole box. Instead, treat yourself to 1 or 2 after a meal or as a snack, along with a protein rich choice.
- Dark chocolate provides more antioxidants than milk chocolate. It contains the same number of calories, but at least you get a nutritional boost! Try a healthy 1 ounce portion.
- Treat yourself to a different chocolaty treat – think of a cup of low fat hot chocolate made with skim milk. It’ll provide that sweet taste you’re craving with a boost of calcium and protein. Or consider drizzling dark chocolate over fruit, like clementine slices or strawberries, which will provide an array of vitamins and fiber.
- Share with a friend (or two!), or portion out 2 chocolates each into snack size bags. You’re Valentine’s Day indulgence will now last a week instead of a day!