In case you’re wondering, the money for the rice comes from sponsors that pay for advertisements. The longer you play, the more ads you see, and those provide the funding to give support the program.
- 870 million people in the world are hungry
- Hunger is most prevalent in east, central, and southern Africa
- Zinc deficiencies result in 800,000 childhood deaths each year.
- 20 million children are born mentally impaired due to mothers that did not consume adequate amounts of iodine.
- Developing countries have high rates of child blindness due to Vitamin A deficiencies.
- 1 in 8 people do not get enough food to support a healthy & active lifestyle.
Think about taking 10 to 15 minutes of your time tonight and playing a game on the Free Rice website. You’ll help support proper nutrition for those in our world that lack the access and money for food that many of us take for granted every day.