For the person who loves cooking...
1) Cookbooks – There are tons out there – and who doesn’t like browsing around Barnes and Noble for something like this?! Take your time looking for something that might be a good match for the person. Are they looking for family friendly meals? Maybe try Rachael Ray’s Yum-O! Family Cookbook. Do they enjoy making a lot of different types of cuisines? The American Dietetic Association Cooking Healthy Across America Cookbook might be a good choice.
2) Or create your own cookbook and gift basket! Put together a packet of some of your favorite recipes, and then buy some of the staples you need to give make them – like a basket with whole wheat pastas, brown rice, beans, and some new spices and the corresponding recipes.
3) Fuel Belts – A perfect gift for endurance runners and triathletes. The classic endurance fuel belt holds four 7-ounce bottles to keep you hydrated and has a handy pouch to hold keys, money, or other necessities.
4) Body Glide – Essential for long distance runners. Body Glide can be rubbed along spots where chafing usually occurs.
For the swimmers...
5) Waterproof mp3 player – If you have a swimmer on your list, the new waterproof mp3 players are great for those who are bored with quiet laps. A little musical motivation may be all they need to kick it up a notch.
6) Dance Central 2 for X-box Kinect – My fiancé just got this for us recently, and I absolutely love it. The Kinect sensor measures your movement as you follow along with the dancers onscreen. You can play by yourself, or battle against a friend. A perfect gift for those who don’t like traditional exercise, this game makes burning calories fun!
7) Rhaposdy subscription and a compatible mp3 player - I’m not really an I-pod girl, so I love my little Sansa Clip mp3 player. It’s small, cute, and clips on easily to my sports bra or pants. I subscribe to Rhapsody, which for $10 a month lets you transfer unlimited music onto compatible mp3 players. Their music guide has a top tracks list and other playlists, so if I’m in need of some new motivation I can skim those for some new tracks.
8) Gift certificates - Think about fun fitness classes like zumba, kickboxing, or maybe something slightly scandalous like pole dancing!
For the serious athletes...
9) Timex Ironman Watches – These come in varieties from moderately priced to expensive, and have tons of features. Track laps, distance, and pace. Some have corresponding heart rate monitors, and others have GPS enabled capabilities.
10) Foam Rollers – You can find these online at various websites, as well as certain sporting goods stores and specialty running stores. Basically, it’s a firm foam log that comes in varying sizes. You use it with your body weight to put pressure on muscles and help work out those knots! It’s a great, reasonably priced tool (especially for runners).
For the endurance junkies...
11) Adventure Outing - Think outside the box for some adventure based gifts. Perhaps a whitewater rafting excursion, skydiving passes, or a ziplining trip? Groupon, Buy With Me, and Living Social can make finding these a little easier and less costly.
12) Inspired Wellness Solutions Gift Certificate - And of course, an IWS gift certificate is sure to make anyone on your list happy, from your sister who wants her kids to eat vegetables to your niece who is training for a 10K. You can order one of our services online for them, or contact us for a gift certificate in any dollar amount and let them choose what they want to use it on.