Most of you are superwomen, and sometimes you might feel guilty for taking time for yourself. You might want to get in some exercise or even to just de-stress with a good magazine for a few minutes. It’s okay to do that! And if you need help, ask for it. It doesn’t make you weak or incapable. It makes you even stronger, because you’re giving your body the nourishment, exercise, and rest it needs to function optimally.
Here are some quick ideas to make your health a priority this week:
- Drink water throughout the day – your body needs it!
- Take a fun fitness class like zumba, bellydancing, or even (dare I say it?) an exotic dancing class. You’ll be sure to have fun, get some laughs, and tone your body.
- Power off the laptop and cellphones at a reasonable time, and let your body unwind. Head to bed early and get at least 7 hours of sleep if possible.
- Haven’t been to the dentist/doctor/dermatologist etc in years? Schedule your appointments today.
- Ask your husband to watch the kids so you can spend a half hour doing an activity of your choice – get lost in a book, paint your toenails, go for a walk, etc.
- If you’ve always wanted to change a health behavior – whether it’s smoking, your diet, or your fitness routine – contact a professional today who can help you figure out ways to achieve it.
On a personal note….I’ve been a bit worn out this week, and my fiancé is letting me relax for a bit while he cooks up some dinner for me! While I love to cook, it’s nice to let him take over for me sometimes. I was able to snap these two pictures before he kicked me out of the kitchen, haha!